Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 25

Oooh we, what a day :)  I started the day with one goal in mind, to conquer my demon called perspective. I am happy to report that the battle was won! I downloaded a fantastic tutorial from ctrl+paint

http://ctrlpaint.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/perspective-sketching-2-form-and-design

Best 10$ i ever spent. (If by any chance someone looking for advice actually ends up reading this please note that i chose the second part of the tutorial because i all ready had a pretty good grasp of what perspective was and how to use it, just not on this scale.So if you are someone just getting in to the whole drawing business  it would be a good idea to start with the first one and/or the rest of the free tuts on this great site..and others for that matter..)

While it didn't contain anything i didn't already know it gave me fantastic step by step approach that i could use and all my fears went away when i started the first sketch. While i am pretty satisfied with how these turned out , the design is a bit lacking because my mind was still preoccupied with this whole perspective thing. But i am now confident that after doing about 10-15 of these in the next few days i'll get comfortable with it and start to focus more on the design part.





No comments:

Post a Comment